Consumers turn to the internet daily to learn more about a company. Whether they are shopping for products, gathering information about services, finding how to get in contact with a company, or a variety of other reasons, a website is often a consumer’s first impression of a brand which begs the question: “What makes a website stand out?” An even more important question: “What can you do to make your website stand out?” As a digital marketing agency, White Label Studio is all about making a consumer’s digital experience with a brand more meaningful to help accomplish a company’s goals. We have compiled a list of our top 10 tips to make your website stand out from the competition, so you can drive traffic and crush your company’s goals. Check it out!
- Include video. Research shows that website visitors stay 50% longer on websites with video content. The more time a visitor spends on your website, the more interactions can come from what could be a potential customer. Include a fun video introducing your company, products, services, or team members. A video helps give your brand personality and authenticity, which resonates with consumers.
- Update your website frequently. In our ever-changing world, information is constantly being updated, and your website should also show that your brand is continually evolving with the latest information. Update client lists, contact information, navigation bars, menus, and other relevant information. A blog is a great way to add new content that showcases your unique insights. It is also a great place to feature your most recent work and innovation while boosting your SEO.
- Add value for website visitors. Website traffic can come from various sources such as social media, advertising, referral sites, or organic traffic, but once a visitor is on your site, make sure you provide them with something that adds value. Whether that is a downloadable guide, discount code, or exclusive content, give your website visitors something of value. These offers are also a great way to capture their email addresses or contact information so you can follow up with them.
- Keep the most important thing front and center. A website is meant to guide a consumer to take the action you want them to take, so make sure to communicate the next step clearly. If you want them to browse your products, have a prominent button or tab that says “Shop Here.” To increase interest in your blog, make it front and center on your home page.
- Create fun and unique bios. Go beyond a headshot and standard bio by telling a story with team member bios, linking to a favorite playlist, sharing an interesting fact, or showcasing photos with personality. Doing so will make your team – and your website – stand out.
- Invest in SEO. Search Engine Optimization is crucial for helping your website gain organic traffic. SEO maintenance also ensures your website is healthy and performing well in terms of site speed, keyword rankings, and more. Check out this blog from our SEO Director, Shannon Henrici, for more information on keywords and selecting the right keywords for your website.
- Use captivating images. As much as possible, stay away from stock images and use professional photography that captures the essence of your brand. Use photos of your employees and include unique attributes like pets, bright colors, or unusual scenery. Pictures tell a story for consumers of what your brand is all about, and having unique imagery will help your website stand out.
- Include examples of work and success stories. Website visitors want to see what you are about when they visit your website. Make it easy for them to find that information by featuring updated examples of your work, including installations, designs, testimonials, and reviews.
- Keep navigation bars and menus engaging and easy to use. Frequently evaluate your menu and navigation bars to see if they are easy to understand and engaging for website visitors. Get creative with the wording so consumers understand the value of each tab in your menu. For example, instead of labeling a tab as “Community Events” for volunteer opportunities, name it “Get Involved” so users feel a personal call-to-action.
- Make it mobile-friendly. Almost 70% of website visitors come from mobile devices, which brings us to our last and most important point: make sure your website is mobile-friendly. You can test your website to see if it is mobile-friendly by copying and pasting the URL into this link. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, there are several things you can do to optimize it on mobile.
Most importantly, remember that your website is an extension of you and your brand. You want it to reflect the tone, professionalism, and attention to detail you display every day in your products and services. Much like a physical building or even your personal closet, it is important to regularly maintain your website and refresh it to match internal shifts and changes.
Having a dedicated website team to provide strategy, graphic design, SEO, and content assistance will help you meet your website goals. White Label Studio is a full-service digital marketing agency with a passion for creating and maintaining great websites that stand out! We would love to help you with your website, whether you are looking for a simple refresh, site audit, or a complete redesign. Contact us today for a consultation and quote.