Let’s explore a few simple yet powerful tips that will elevate your website.
Mastering the art of user experience
The term user experience (UX) might sound like a fancy way of describing how people interact with a website and the kind of experience they have while doing so, but it is, in essence, the key to unlocking the secret sauce of a successful website.
User experience encompasses all of the stuff we often overlook, but our subconscious is keenly aware of. Here are some tips for mastering your website and giving your visitors a seamless experience:
- Mobile-First Design: In a world where our phones have become extensions of our hands, it’s no wonder that mobile-first design has become the holy grail of website optimization. From responsive layouts to intuitive navigation to innovative functionality, tailoring your website for mobile users is a must.
- Impress Above The Fold: A user may take as little as 50 milliseconds to form an impression of your site. That’s not a lot of time to impress! Focus on grabbing their attention above the fold —in the viewable space before any scrolling happens. Just like prime real estate locations in the physical world, this prime real estate on a webpage is highly sought after for its potential to capture attention, engage users, and leave a lasting impact.
- Embrace Hick’s Law: Have you ever gone to a restaurant and felt like there were too many choices? Or visited a new coffee shop that had a menu dotted with fancy barista lingo and everything from exotic blends to new concoctions? It’s a little overwhelming. Enter Hick’s Law. This principle tells us that the more choices we have, the longer it takes for us to make a decision. Simplicity is the real showstopper here. By minimizing choices, you can improve user experience and make it easier for people to engage on your site.
Resonate with your audience through brand authenticity
People crave authentic content and genuine connections with brands they love. In fact, 88% of audiences value brand authenticity, looking for this specifically in businesses they buy from and support.
As you’re crafting creative content, be sure to use authentic photos that capture real moments, honest messaging that aligns with your brand mission, and quality content that positions you as a thought leader. Just remember, authenticity builds trust, and trust builds long-lasting relationships —that’s the goal!
Boost traffic with sharable content on your website
Promoting your website content on social media is a powerful way to engage with your customers and bring them back to your site. Share high-quality blog posts that position yourself as a leader in the industry, incorporating valuable content, unique perspectives, and practical insights.
By posting your website content on your social media platforms, you can increase its visibility, attract more relevant traffic, and foster engagement with your audience. Stay consistent, provide value, and actively engage with your followers to build a strong online presence and drive traffic back to your website.
Here are some other quick tips for using social media to bring traffic back to your website:
- Optimize your social media profiles to include a feedlink for key webpages.
- Collaborate with influencers to drive their audiences to your website.
- Direct customers to specific landing pages with social media advertising.
Legibility reigns supreme: balancing style with clarity
Everyone wants a stylish and chic website. There’s a cool factor we feel when our site is current, stylish, and innovative. Although an important part of showcasing your brand identity, style and personality should always be secondary to legibility.
While there are plenty of stunning web fonts out there, beauty doesn’t always equate to functionality. Opt for text that is easy to read, eliminates distractions, and guarantees vital information is readable across various screen sizes. So while fancy fonts may be tempting, prioritizing readability ensures a seamless browsing experience for your visitors.
Empowering your brand with an evolving website
While digital marketing trends constantly change and evolve, so must our websites. Combining thoughtful aesthetics, engaging content, and user-centric functionality is key to creating memorable and seamless web experiences that resonate with your audience.
Step up your strategy with more tips and ideas
- Read up on creating content with value from our Content Director’s perspective.
- Discover 10 tips to make your website stand out.
- Learn why it’s good to incorporate keywords in your digital marketing strategy and how SEO can help your website rank higher in search results.
Abigail Morrison | Creative Director at White Label Studio
Abigail Morrison is a designer, writer, and strategist with a strong background in visual communication and graphic design. She believes that our success is a direct result of the relationships we build with people and passion for the work we do. Read More >