There’s a lot of noise online, and at White Label Studio, we understand the need to stand out and get noticed. One of the best ways to do this is with a compelling and engaging website. That’s why we have rounded up several tips to make your website stand out!
Since most of today’s consumers visit a company’s website before walking through their doors, your site is your store’s first impression. This makes it important to take some time to plan before jumping in to create your website. You need to ask yourself: What do you want your site to accomplish? Who is your target audience? What differentiates your company from the competition? The answers to these types of questions help define the layout, look, and tone of your site.
To stand out from your competition, don’t just tell your target audience about your company, show them. Hiring a professional photographer to take pictures of the interior and exterior of your store is well worth the money. While the photographer is there, have him/her take some fun, authentic images of your team. Video is another great way to differentiate your website. A video of your team giving back to the community or working behind-the-scenes creates a relatable connection with your target audience. Since social distancing and the cleanliness of your store is especially important right now, make sure you are wearing masks and following the proper protocol in any photographs to show your store is a safe place for customers to visit.
Blogs also help differentiate your company and your website. Have different members of your team write about topics in which they specialize, like flooring education, decorating advice, trends, and cleaning tips. Brainstorm with your team to come up with ideas and have fun with it!
The voice and tone of your content convey your company’s values and personality. Do you sound authentic, knowledgeable, and caring or mechanical and distant? A study conducted by Nielson Norman Group (NNG) found that people respond best to casual, conversational, and moderately enthusiastic tones; however, it is difficult to please everyone. The better you understand your target audience, the easier it is to shape your content. Studying the brand voice of other companies can also help you identify how you want to shape your words. Once established, the same voice and tone should be used consistently across all platforms, including blogs, social media, and Email.
Creating your website is not a one and done. It is a continual work in progress. A few ways to keep your website current include:
• Switch out some images and content on your home page regularly (specials/sales, feature products, customer installations, etc)
• Create new landing page content for your site on a continual basis to expand inclusions in search engines and give your audience reason to come back
• Continually monitor and update SEO short and long-tail keywords
• Use those keywords to create new landing page content for your site on a continual basis to expand inclusions in search engines and give your audience reason to come back
• Update products on your website as you drop/add them to your showroom floor
• Test loading speed to make sure your website pages load quickly
• Fix dead-end links and errors
• Run monthly Google analytic reports to determine how well your site connects with your target audience. Key stats include the number of unique visitors, the geography and demographics of your audience, page views, how long people stay on your site, and call-to-action click-throughs/conversions.
We realize that this can all be a little overwhelming, and that’s why we’re here! We have the knowledge and experience to create a digital marketing plan and dynamic website with gorgeous graphics, optimized content, and plenty of lead gen opportunities for our clients. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to chat with you!